- Dates: December 22 – January 19
- Element: Earth
- Polarity: Negative
- Quality: Cardinal
- Ruling Planet: Saturn
- Ruling House: Tenth
- Spirit Color: Dark blue
- Lucky Gem: Lapis lazuli
- Flower: Pansy
- Good Day: Loyal, family-minded, hardworking, devoted, honest, fearless
- Bad Day: Pessimistic, unforgiving, cold, materialistic, snobbish, hopeless
- Favorite Things: Business cards, goals, official titles, being in charge, exclusive clubs, “leg sports” like soccer or track, motorcycles, leather
- What You Hate: Quitting, shouting in public, careless mistakes, traveling without an itinerary, doing things “just for the heck of it”
- Secret Wish: To have every need taken care of
- How to Spot Them: Distinctive jaw, strong teeth, wise look in the eyes
- Where You’ll Find Them: Enjoying quality time with the family, working obsessively on a large-scale project, running for Senior Vice President of the company, directing a full-length feature film
- Keywords for Capricorn: Ambition, Structure, Goals, Long-Term Plans, Prestige, Public Image/Acclaim
Capricorn positive and negative traits
How well do you know their personality traits? Let’s take a look!
|Positive traits:||Negative traits:|
|1) Practical||1) Shy|
|2) Wise||2) Negative|
|3) Careful||3) Up tight|
|4) Smart||4) Lack of patience|
|5) Ambitious||5) Stubborn|
Capricorn Zodiac Sign Personality
Capricorns tend to be very goal orientated and are one of the most self-disciplined zodiac signs. Some of the best scientists, politicians, leaders, and teachers in the world have Capricorn in their chart; unsurprising given their drive to succeed. Many Capricorns find it natural to set goals, calculate their path to them, and stick to them, and they will work long hard hours to complete what they set out to do. They are known for being extremely disciplined and patient, keeping their eye on the long-term prize. They have the understanding that what they seek is not won in a day, but rather, a long journey; one that takes commitment and dedication.
Achieving – in a general sense – is very important to people who fall under the sign of Capricorn. They often take life very seriously and fail to understand how others do not. They generally have a very dry sense of humor, which tends to surprise people and catch them off guard. This more humorous side of the mountain goat often does show that they can find amusement in situations that others do not.
Many under the Capricorn zodiac sign tend to be very good with numbers and have the innate ability to analyze both situations and people. Never the one to be loud and obnoxious, they do tend to be the strong silent types and are oftentimes the muscle behind many plans and decisions. More often, they tend to go about their tasks without feeling the need to advertise their many achievements.
CAPRICORN SYMBOL, PLANET, ELEMENT, AND QUALITY
The Goat is the Capricorn symbol, and an apt mascot it is. Goats love to climb to the top of the mountain, where the air is clear and fresh. In much the same way, Capricorns want to get to the top of their chosen field so that they can reap the benefits of success; namely fame, prestige and money. Getting to the top isn’t always a walk in the park, however, so it’s likely that Goats will ruffle a few feathers along the way. Sagittarius sun sign folks can indeed be domineering, even egotistical, on their route to the top. They’ll tell you it’s part of being a leader with bright new ideas (in keeping with the cardinal quality assigned to this sign).
Capricorn is ruled by Saturn. In ancient Roman mythology, Saturn was the father of many of the gods. Consider him top dog, if you will, and then you’ll see a parallel to the Capricorn sign. Those born under this sign also want to be the top dog, and they’re smart enough to know that the title won’t simply be handed to them. Caps are happy to work for it, and luckily they possess enough discipline and sense of responsibility to get them there. Capricorns tend to be mature and are amply blessed with common sense, two more qualities which help their success-driven endeavors. The element associated with Capricorn is Earth. No big surprise there! Caps are down-to-earth in the sense that they’re not interested in wild ideas or round-the-world dreams. They would much rather stay put and get to work. Remember, these are the businesspeople of the zodiac, so in their sensible and economical way, they’ll get up every morning and see to it that their job is done to the highest degree of quality possible.
The 5 Top Reasons to Love Being a Capricorn
- Your bank account balance is enviable. You don’t get overly tempted by purchases, and have a gift for investing and saving.
- Your mind is like a steel trap. You never forget anything or anyone, and can recall conversations from years ago.
- Your home looks like it belongs on HGTV. Whether it’s a rental or you own it, you have an exacting eye for design, and know the exact touches to make anywhere—even a hotel room—seem like a home.
- You never lose anything, and always have the important files, passwords, and papers close at hand. Your organization saves your time and sanity.
- You are polished. You never don’t know what to say and seem to avoid awkward situations as you are an expert at small talk, and also really good at knowing exactly what to say to make other people feel good.
What is the personality of a Capricorn?
What kinds of positive and negative traits does the Capricorn personality have? On the good side, Capricorn is hardworking, ambitious, and responsible. Meanwhile, on the bad side, the Capricorn sign is pessimistic, work-obsessed, and stubborn.
What are Capricorns like sexually?
A Capricorn man likes to ease into bed with someone before completely jumping right in. Capricorn men love sex and need it often so that they feel wanted, but they aren’t chained by sex. Unlike signs such as Scorpio who have very high sex drives, Capricorns are fine with a break once in a while.
Who should a Capricorn marry?
Traditional astrologers believe that Capricorns are most compatible with Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, and Pisces, and least compatible with Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius, but what do the actual marriage and divorce statistics say?
Why Capricorns are the best lovers?
Capricorns in bed tend to be a bit headstrong: They like to be in charge, in bed and elsewhere. Whether you’re a Cap or you’re romancing one, if you’re wondering what you need to know about sex, like the best sex position for Capricorns, look no further: Suzie Kerr Wright has a mouthful to say on this subject. The astrologer, who is also a psychic medium, tarot card reader, Reiki master/teacher and certified holistic life coach, told me that Capricorns love to dominate any situation, especially one that involves a bed.